Monday, October 31, 2011

Goodbye AT&T; Hello Comcast

I have had to dump AT&T.

On Saturday, Oct 22nd, my DSL modem stopped working. So I called AT&T support and they determined that my modem was bad and said they'd send me a new one for $100! Of course I said NO and had the operator connect me with the lady who cancels accounts. She told me she could have new one sent to me for FREE; so I said okay. She said I would get it Wednesday or Thursday.

Come Friday I still hadn't received it so I called again. I was told there was a notation about the modem but the order had not been put in. So once again I told the lady to cancel both the phone service (which I've had ever since I first got a phone, many many many many years ago) and the internet service (I've had DSL for 10 years). She said the service would end at midnight.

I then called Comcast to get cable phone and internet. The installer showed up about 1:30 the next day (Sunday) and after an hour, everything was in and was working. The cost will end up cheaper than what I was paying for cable TV plus phone and internet.

Today (Oct 31) I had to call AT&T again because the phone service had NOT been canceled and I didn't want to pay for service I wasn't using.

So far, no problems with the cable internet, but it doesn't seem any faster than the DSL, but I haven't tried to download any large files yet, either.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment