Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day 2012

~
Well, it's a NEW YEAR ... and as far as I can tell -- nothing much has changed.

I will have to get out my check book and deposit slips and write 2012 on the date line because I always forget if I don't.

2011 wasn't so great, work-wise, but it was better than 2010. I'm in construction, and it slowly seems to be getting better, but it would be even better if I could get 52 forty-hour paychecks, something I haven't done since 2008. I lost about $10,000 in pay in 2009 compared to 2008. If I'd had a family to support I would have been in deep d00.

But I guess I should be grateful I even have a job. My sister was out of work almost a year, and she was able to collect unemployment checks. So she and her husband were able to get by, but they had no health insurance (he owns his own business and his work was down and they couldn't afford to self-insure themselves).

But I guess I should be grateful I even have a job.

Maybe 2012 will be better (at least until Doomsday arrives on Dec 21).
~

No comments:

Post a Comment