Sunday, December 2, 2012

Spend, Spend, SPEND!

`
The past few days I have spent more money than I intended to. (And just how am I any different than anyone else?)

First, I decided to buy a Blu-ray player, and since I don't need one with wi-fi, Netflicks, Pandora, etc., I found one at Walmart for $50. But there was no place on the box that indicated I would need an HDMI cable. So after I got home and discovered this, I went to Best Buy and found one, the cheapest one, for $20, and later found out I could have gotten one at Walmart for about $10 or less, if I had known!

Then, I decided it was time to upgrade to a smart phone, and since I was already an AT&T customer and didn't want to change my phone number, I went to the AT&T store.

It took 45 minutes before I was waited on, but it gave me time to look at all the ones available and decided on the LG Escape (and coincidentally, the Blu-ray player I bought was also LG). And once I was served, it still took almost an hour before I walked out of the store with my new phone and all the accessories (insurance plan, case, leather case for my belt, and car charger).

It cost me about $100 to start with, and I have a feeling I will end up paying close to twice what I was paying with my simple Sony flip phone (about $50 per month).

I started out with a 5 G plan, but if I don't use that much over the course of  a month, I can drop that to 3 G or less.

So, I guess with Christmas coming, I will just consider this as a gift to myself. And time will tell just how much I will like the phone, and if I made a mistake.
`

No comments:

Post a Comment