Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas is over ---IT'S ABOUT DAMNED TIME!!

~
I'm not really a Grinch. I just don't like the Christmas season.

And it's not that it's too commercialized, or because everybody who isn't a Christian gets insulted because the holidays started out as a Christian holiday but they want to be included but not in a Christian way, or because the roads and stores are clogged with the most un-merriest people around, or because you are expected to go out and find that perfect gift for everybody.

Mainly, it's because I'm not in that 3 - 18 age group (who Xmas should REALLY be for!). Sure, it's nice to buy stuff for your sweetie or spouse or grown kids, when you know what they want/like, or have plenty of $$ to spend. But if you go out and just watch the Xmas shoppers you will see that they are angry, impatient, aggravated, grouchy ... anything but happy and jolly and full of Christmas spirit (the exception being Christmas "spirits" - if you know what I mean).

About the only good thing I can think of coming from this time of year is a paid day off from work. I don't have to get up at 5:30; I don't have to go out into the cold; I don't have to spend all day at work when I could be home where it is warm and I can sit around and watch TV or nap or piddle around doing whatever interests me.

And it's only a week away from New Year's, and another paid holiday.

Okay, maybe I am a little bit of a Grinch. So sue me.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment