Monday, December 5, 2011

Crappy TV Programming

~
Last summer I wrote a list of TV channels and TV programs I watch and how they overlapped and how I had to try to catch some of them (about half of what I watched) on Comcast's OnDemand service.

I'm not going to make a grid, but ---well, you'll see.

Okay. Sunday night at 8:30 EST, ABC Family channel was airing the Harry Potter movie 'Half Blood Prince' which I hadn't seen, so I watched it (plus about an hour's worth of commercials [HAH - I DIDN'T! During the commercials I switched over to PBS to watch Celtic Woman]). So that meant I missed 'Once Upon a Time,' 'The Good Wife' and 'Hell on Wheels' which I'll have to watch OnDemand.

So tonight, Monday - I'm watching 'The Closer' at 9, and 'Castle' at 10, and will have to watch 'Rizzoli & Isles' OnDemand.

Tuesday night is 'Eureka' at 8, 'Warehouse 13' at 9, and 'Sons of Anarchy' at 10. Which means I'll have to watch 'Body of Proof' and 'Covert Affairs' OnDemand.

There isn't CRAP on Wednesdays night I want to watch!

Thursday night is 'The Secret Circle' at 9, and 'The Mentalist' at 10. So I'll have to watches 'Bones' and 'Burn Notice' OnDemand.

Friday - 'Nikita' and 'Grimm' at 8 and 9.

Saturday - Zippo, nadda.

So why the hell can't some of these shows be on Wednesday, or at 8 pm?

And I'm sure you're thinking - "Why doesn't he just get a DVR?"

I would, if I could buy one and hook it up like we used to do with a VCR. But I've been told the cable (or satellite) company has to provide it, and I'd have to pay extra for it.

NO THANKS. I already pay enough for cable.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment