Sunday, June 17, 2012

"Snow White and the Huntsman"

`
Went to see the movie yesterday. Thought I was paying for the 3D version, paid extra $2.50. But instead it was just "digitally enhanced for better viewing." That was crap. All it was, was louder.

The movie wasn't bad. Not quite as good as I expected, but I wasn't sure what I was expecting. Not as good as "Thor" or "The Avengers" - all three had Chris Hemsworth in them. (Yes, I have a 'man crush' on Chris.)

Kristen Stewart was pretty good as Snow White, once you got past the Walt Disney idealized version of the clean and helpless Snow White. This is the first time I've seen her in anything, although I do know who she is.

Charlize Theron was very good as Ravenna, the evil queen/Snow's stepmother.

The "dwarfs" had names like Muir, Gort, Nion, and Quert. One got killed so there were only six for the assault on the queen's castle.

And there was the triangle of Snow, William (her childhood friend) and the Huntsman -- who would she choose in the end?

I think I would have rather saved the $7.50 and waited for the DVD to come out.

This isn't to say you shouldn't go see it. The effects were good, and the story wasn't bad. Maybe if I were in my teens or twenties I would have liked it better.
'

No comments:

Post a Comment