Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Casey Anthony "not guilty" is NOT "Innocent!"


~
I guess I might as well weigh in on the Casey Anthony trial results.

And like so many others, I was surprised that she wasn't found guilty of killing her daughter Caylee. But I have to admit I didn't follow the trial on a daily basis. What I know is only what I'd heard on the nightly news and read in the newspaper.

I suppose if I had heard all the evidence (and "non-evidence"), I might have have agreed with the the jury. But I didn't. I only heard bits and pieces about the (maybe) smell of human decomposition in the trunk of Casey's car, the duct tape, the chloroform search by Casey's mother, the supposed child abuse perpetrated on Casey by her father, the partying Casey did the month Caylee was missing, etc.

And I saw the videos of Casey playing with Caylee.

I wasn't in the jury room, so I don't know what was in the jury's mind, but apparently, there WAS reasonable doubt as to Casey's guilt because there was NO hard evidence proving Casey did it. Everything was circumstantial -- damning and (almost) convincing, but circumstantial nevertheless.

I watched Casey as the verdict was read, and I kept wondering (and still do), was she thinking, "Thank god! I've been exonerated!" Or was she thinking, "I did it! I got away with murder!"

Only Casey knows the truth, and I suspect she will take it to her grave. (Unless, of course, Caylee DID drown and the grandparents knew about it as the defense claimed.)

But regardless, that little girl died somehow, and I would hope that the investigation into her death will continue.

Once she is set free, Casey will really have to be careful where she goes (if she even dares to go out in public at all) and who she's seen with (anyone with her will be some kind of target!).

And there is the question -- will she eventually write a tell-all book, and make the talk-show circuit? And WHO will get that first interview? (Anyone putting money on Oprah?)

So, all that being said, I think Casey did it. But there just wasn't enough evidence to prove it.

Oh yeah, now there is the race for the first made-for-TV movie about the trial - who will play Casey, and which network will get there first?

~

No comments:

Post a Comment