Saturday, October 27, 2012

"Last Resort" - " Beauty & the Beast" - "Elementary"

`
And continuing with my reviews of new shows --

"Last Resort" - A nuclear-carrying submarine, the Colorado, picks up six SEALS that were on a mission in Pakistan, then receive orders to send a missile into the country, but the order comes from Antarctica -  a secondary site when Washington DC/ the Pentagon is gone. They refuse and are attacked by another American submarine. The Colorado takes over a NATO listening-post island and so the drama goes on.

I have to say I really like this show - a lots of drama, action, and the inevitable good looking women. The only trouble I see is how could this premise continue for a full  season, or two or three. It would make a great movie, but longer than that, I don't know.

And I read that the ratings aren't so good, so this may not last a full season.


"Beauty and the Beast" - I really wanted to like this show, mainly because it stars Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang on "Smallville"), who I think is absolutely gorgeous!!!  But I admit, after three episodes, I still find it hard to see her as a 'hard-nosed' detective. Although she does kick ass (much like Kristin did when she played Chun-Li), but the Beast, Vincent, has to save her at least once during the show.

Also, the stories just haven't been that compelling, I've found it hard to stay interested. And that's a shame - I like Kristin and want to watch something she's in that is good.


"Elementary" - This is a modern retelling of Sherlock Holmes, with Lucy Liu playing Dr. Watson. And I like this show, mostly. It's a lot like "The Mentalist" - not much action, but more investigative. And like "The Mentalist", it's taking me time to get used to the type of show. But if it weren't for Lucy Liu, I'm not sure if I'd be watching.

I never really paid that much attention to Lucy until she showed up on the police drama "Southland", in which she played a really good part really well. But in "Elementary" I wish she had even more air time, and not just with Sherlock.

Apparently enough  people have been watching because it has been given the go-ahead for a full season.
`

No comments:

Post a Comment