Saturday, October 27, 2012

"Once Upon a Time" - "Major Crimes" - "Blue Bloods"

`
More TV reviews starting with --

"Once Upon a Time" - this isn't a new show since it's just started its second season, but I like it a lot and so do a lot of other viewers. Its about fairy tale characters that were magically transported to Storybrook Maine by the evil queen of "Snow White" fame. There was no magic in Storybrook until the end of season one.

And now in season two everyone remembers who they were in "fairy tale land" and are angry at, and want to do harm to,  Regina (the queen). Almost all fairy tale characters you recognize have, or will, show up, including Snow White, Prince Charming, the Seven Dwarfs, Red Riding Hood, Jiminy Cricket, Mulan, Captain Hooke, Rumplestiltskin, Pinocchio, and many others.

I like this show and am glad it got a second season.


"Major Crimes" - This is a spin-off from "The Closer" and I really didn't have much of an expectation since so many of the characters remained, but with the replacement of a new captain - Captain Raydor (Mary McDonnell) for Brenda Leigh Johnson, but I have been pleasantly surprised since Raydor was so disliked in "The Closer". The stories have been good and I like all the returning cast members.

I see this one lasting for a few more seasons.


"Blue Bloods" - another returning show, starring Tom Selleck as the New York City police commissioner, Frank Reagan. This is a show I didn't watch from the beginning, but caught up with watching it On Demand (which I still do since another show, "Haven" is on at the same time).

One of the characters - Danny Reagan, is played by Donny Wahlberg, brother of the more famous Mark Wahlberg. Which is a shame because Donny does a really good job in the show. I normally don't care much about male characters, but I can't understand why Donny hasn't been nominated for an Emmy (which is another reason why I don't watch the Emmy awards - the people and shows I think should win are rarely even nominated).

This isn't to say the other characters in the show aren't worth recognition. It IS a really good program and the other cast members are really good - Bridget Moynahan, Jennifer Esposito, Amy Carlson, and all the rest of them.
`

No comments:

Post a Comment