Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shiri Appleby's "Life Unexpected"

Watched the pilot episode last night, and it was ever bit as good as the promo clips promised. But then, I've never seen Shiri in anything she didn't do a good job with (okay, "Darklight" wasn't so hot, but her character, Lilith, left me wanting another TV movie or series). But as I stated in an earlier blog, I find Shiri very attractive (not to mention very sexy and delightful to watch).

All the characters were pretty likable, especially Shiri and Britt Robertson, who plays Lux (we never found out if that was a nickname or her real name}. Just a day or two after Cate's (Shiri's) boyfriend freaked out after finding out Cate had a kid, and she gave back the engagement ring, she (Cate) spent the night with Lux's dad - Baze. I guess this was to show us that Cate isn't perfect. And they reinforced that when she decided she wanted to do right by Lux, and then asked her boyfriend to marry her (he accepted). No doubt the night with Baze will come back to bite her in the ass (and what a NICE ass it is!!).

This is supposed to be "Juno" meet "Gilmore Girls" and I can see how the "Juno" part fits since Lux is somewhat savvy and precocious. But except for Cate having a daughter when she was 17 (pregnant at 16), I've yet to see the bond between Cate and Lux that there was between Lorelai and Rory. But I guess as the episodes unfold we will (should) see more of it.

This is one show I definitely will watch every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment